Spring has literally sprung upon us this year. One awakes to jolly bird song and vocal monkey business in the mornings. The grass is greener and plants are showing off numerous flower buds. I must say that even the two legged creatures appear to have a spring in their step. Spring cleaning will soon commence in various households and cupboards sporting summer garments.
It was a very lazy weekend in general apart from:
- getting rid of those grey roots early Saturday morning at Ulrike my personal hairdresser and walking away with two packets of the most divine 'Koeksisters' - this must be unique for hairdressing?
- Saturday morning breakfast at 'Bizzy Lizzy' situated within Dunrobin's Garden Centre in Botha's Hill and discovering a new indigenous aloe, the cute hedgehog aloe being on sale - bought a pair and still need to find the right size clay pots for them
- beading (see evidence above) until my students arrived at 2pm for their Saturday afternoon scrapbooking lesson
- rising 5am on Sunday to do the 10km walk and 21.1km run (only hubby was brave enough for this distance) PDAC road race in Pinetown. The race started at Lahee Park. Thanks Rayna for getting the km's ticking by quickly
- Sunday breakfast at Rider's Rest situated within in Dieter's Nursery in Assegay. This was our first visit to Rider's Rest (on Rayna's recommendation) and we were pleasantly surprised with good food, service and tranquil surroundings. A definite from now on, on our favourite dining out venue list.
- Weekender signing out