11 September 2008

BOM CHALLENGE NO.6 {Bad/Good Habits}

Thus far, this has been the most difficult BOM challenge for me, as I am a photo scrapper and not a keen 'word' scrapper. Please tell me if any of you Doing Lifers out there take and/or keep photos of yourselves, executing habits ... don't think there are many of you. And on the other hand, who actually know or wants to admit that they have 'bad' habits. We all, of course, know our 'good' habits. I have tried asking people close to me to please be honest and let me know what bad habits I have ... but once again this route also did not turn out to be fruitful ... I for one, definitely don't want to tell someone his doing something that annoys me.

But, fortunately I am aware of a few habits of mine ... so here goes my journaling for BOM No.6. Each journaling section with a heading has been placed in a circle on the layout:

Dictionary: Noun:

The tendency toward an act that has become a repeated performance, relatively fixed, consistent, easy to perform, and almost automatic. Once learned, habits may occur without the intent of the person or may appear to be out of control and are difficult to change.
Childhood Habit: Nail Biting
As a child up to the age of about 11 years, I use to chew my nails, for no obvious outward reason, but perhaps it was more a psychological issue for me. My mom often threatened to put pepper or aloe juice on the tip of my fingers to prevent it, but never actually did it. I just stopped one day and it never happened again. Since I had my first set of naturally grown nails up until today, I always had a natural French manicure with white tipped nails. I have hardly ever had a manicure and I also don’t wear any nail varnish apart from clear varnish on the odd occasion. Its perhaps all the childhood chewing that has resulted in such strong nails.
Lifelong Habit: Lip Biting/Teeth Clenching
Dental Dictionary: habit: In dentistry, habits such as bruxism, clenching, tongue thrusting, and lip and cheek biting may produce injury to the teeth, their attachment apparatus, oral mucosa, mandibular and temporomandibular musculature, and articulation.
I have been biting my lips ever since I can remember. The lip biting seems to happen when I am deep in thought or worried. I also clench my teeth/jaws, especially when I am asleep and it has also started from a young age. Often get up in the morning with a headache, which tells me that I have been clenching during the night.
Lifelong Habit: Hair Twisting
When I was a child my mom just had to see me twisting my hair and she knew that my bedtime was near. I still do this today when I am getting sleepy. Fortunately, its not pulling out hair, otherwise I would have been seriously bold today.
Lifelong Habit: Hastiness
I have always been a hurried person who likes getting things done. In some ways this can stand one in good stead, but in other ways can be detrimental. In school my reports often stated that I was a diligent pupil, but tend to make mistakes because of hastiness.
Adulthood Habit: Repositioning Objects
I think this is a very mild form of OCD. I am forever aligning things to be straight, i.e. wall paintings, ornaments, furniture, etc. Even my scrapbooking layout elements are 99% of the time straight.
Adulthood Habit: Interrupting Conversation
This is a very bad habit that I am personally aware of. I think I am short minded. Whilst listening to a conversation or a person talking to me I tend to catch on something that is said and in my mind are already elaborating on this and blurt out this thought before I have forgotten it – interruption the person talking to me.
Good Habits
Hardly ever start something that I don’t finish. Diligent Trustworthy
Quote

"It's just as easy to form the habit of succeeding as it is to succumb to the habit of failure. Habits aren't instincts; they're acquired reactions. They don't just happen; they are caused. Once you determine the original cause of a habit, it is within your power either to accept or reject it." Author unknown
Can't wait to see what the other BOM-ers' habits are ... should make very interesting reading.
- Bombing aware signing off

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME layout Desire. I know, it is hard to scrap with no pictures. I shouldhave mine done by the end of the week-end.

    Now that you mention these habits, I have noticed a few, but they have certainly not been that noticeable that they ever bothered me!! he he

    I know that I also tend to interrupt people, so our conversations should be good with constant interruptions each way - ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout...well done it's brill:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout, I love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this layout is so lovely!! Well done on all your journalling! What an interesting read, I really am amazed at how much you have opened up during this BOM challenge and am enjoying learning more about you! Am emailing my 2nd challenge to Tracy tonight, so hold thumbs x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO as always...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire