07 May 2006

A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY - Sunday, 7 May 2006
My Pick-of-the-Crop girlfriends organised a SURPISE birthday lunch at 'Olive & Oil' down at Umhlanga for me. Ellie, Jenny, Sophia, Charmian and Suzette were scheming with hubbie Conroy for the last three weeks and still managed to look me straight in my face - very devious!
Conroy mentioned that he felt like breaking our Sunday routine of breakfast/brunch and mentioned that he would like to take me for lunch instead to a very good restaurant a colleague at work suggested. Trusty me I thought - 'wow he is getting a bit adventurous these days!'
Walking into 'Olive & Oil' and while checking our booking my eye caught Ellie and I thought 'what a coincidence'. Ellie just gave a very slight wave which was not her manner. Knowing Ellie she would have waived vigorously and even jumped up to come and say hi - funny how one's mind kicks-in and I suddenly realised 'this was a setup'!
It was very special to have most of the husbands their as well. A pity Charmian's husband was out of the country and Suzette and her husband could not make it.

I was spoilt with a special 'lucky dip' birthday hamper containing a variety of 7 jams, lavender being one of the unusual ones; a packet of Biscotti Leone; honey and macadami nougat; an enormous paper clip - very handy for my diary; a bottle of Lavender Linen Spray which hubbie thought was some underarm muti; a mini book entitled 'Words on Beauty'; a book by Helen Exley entitled 'To a very special Friend' and a beautiful card created and designed by Sophia. The hamper was packaged in a nice little woven basket which will definitely be put to good use in my scrapbooking room.
Watch this space for the upcoming scrapbook page!
A big THANK YOU to all my special friends - you really made me feel special today!
Here is a quote out of 'Words on Beauty' by Helen Exley which I really can associate with:
'The hours when
the mind is absorbed
by beauty are the
only hours we live.'
- Birthday girl signing off

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed yourself...it was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Hi Birthday girl, A very very happy birthday for yesterday, sounds like you had lots of fun! See you on Thursday, Love Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travelling back in years. Glad you have these happy memories. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire