11 December 2006

FACE TO FACE WITH MY IDOL (...cont) - Sunday, 10 December 2006

Just a quick addition to this post. I had goosebumps when reading my idol Candice's response to this post on DOING LIFE that I had to share it with you all:

"Oh my goodness! Desire, I don't know what to say... I am so touched {& very flattered} by this awesome layout. I am really overwhelmed by this beautiful tribute & don't quite have the words to express my gratitude - so may I just say a simple "Thank You". This has truly made my day {if not my entire year!!}. From the bottom of my heart - thank you so very much, this is just so special, it has brought tears to my eyes :o) I am now a frequent visitor to your gorgeous blog & I hope to see you {in person} again in 2007 :o) You are a very special & talented lady & your creative spirit shines through in everything you do. May I wish you everything that is wonderful for Christmas & a New Year that is filled with much happiness & many, many blessings. Thank you again {I've just shown my husband your layout & he is just as blown away as I am!!} Much Love Candice xxx And in the spirit of "Doing Life", I just can't resist .... Signing off - *totally chuffed & absolutely{for once in my life} speechless!!*" --------------------

A few posts back on DOING LIFE, I reported on completing the Reminisce layout Candice Greenway presented on Saturday, 25 November 2006 here in Durban and how it got me putting my growing up years in writing. I also posted Candice's feedback wrt my layout. It was truly an honour to have someone so talented finding time to comment on my work.

I have always been a huge follower of Candice's scrapping designs and find her work truly inspirational. 'Attention to detail' is definitely her trademark. One often looks at her layouts and at first glance you know it is a Candice Greenway layout by recognising her trademark finishing touches i.e. miniature bulldog clips, jewelery tags, unusual creative journaling and photo turns. Her layouts often also resembles glossy magazine advertisements.
With the above in mind, it was such an honour to meet Candice in person and have her 'modelling' for a photo shoot with some of my students who attended her scrapping day. Thank you so much Candice for affording us the opportunity to capture you on film Here's the result.
Thank you so much for looking. - Off to reaching one of my missions

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 AM

    You just keep churning them out Desire!! This is a lovely layout - 6 down, 4 to go??

    Keep at it, it gives us something to do - ha ha!!

    Regards

    Michelle
    (The OW and MoBHG who is a TPGC and is the MFV the DLA and also DLEWotN)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:13 AM

    What an awesome layout! I love Candice Greenway, too. She's AMAZING! (And so are you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Morning darling teacha! I really love this layout and all the detail in it. Am going to get my photos ready to do it with you next week. Your creativity is so inspiring....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:25 AM

    I got tears and goosebumps reading Candice's comments. Desire you are very talented and special and us "students"are very very lucky to have someone like you giving us guidance.

    Thanks

    Regards

    Michelle
    (The OW and MoBHG who is a TPGC and is the MFV the DLA and also DLEWotN)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire