02 July 2008

LADIES CLUB GOING SCRAPPY - Saturday, 28 June 2008

From left to right: Michelle, Louise, Liesl, Brenda and Leoni

My sister's youngest daughter, Liesl (think this makes Liesl my niece ... never know the correct English relative names) and her girlfriends have got a Ladies Club going. It is quite a nice arrangement where the girls try out something different once a month. From learning a new craft to belly dancing. July 2008 was the month the girls decided to get familiar with scrapping photographs and yours truly was Tha Teacha.

Liesl arrived on Saturday morning sighing a sigh of relief after having had to babysit Zander and Alisha, Heidi her sister's two toddlers. I must say, it can be quite daunting for someone who does not have kids of her own to babysit ... I can wholeheartedly relate to Liesl's exhaustion. So there was lots of excuses coming from Liesl i.e. had no time to put make up on, my hair is a mess and my clothes just thrown on ... ja, ja, ja Liesl, take it from me, you don't have to do anything to yourself as you are a natural beauty.

Liesl and her four girlfriends got the drill down on the basics of scrapping i.e. what is allowed and what not, etc. The girls all had to bring photos for the 'CUTE AS CAN BE' layout which is also selling in kit format on Doing Life's Online Shoppe http://www.doinglife.co.za/. None of them had done any scrapping previously and I must say they were really excellent first time scrappers, very neat as well.

Apart from the scrap lesson, the girls really got down to some nice chatting and catching up on every one's doings. Obviously there were also quite a few tea breaks. So the 'Cute as can Be' kit which usually takes about 3 hours to scrap, took just under 6 hours to complete ... a good indication of all the fun that was happening on the side. Michelle, I hope that you were not offended with all the teasing from Tha Teacha's side ... you are just such a nice person to tease ... looked like you did take it in your stride.

Hopefully the 5-some will have another attempt at scrapping in the not too distant future.

Thanks girls, it was such a pleasure to have you round. All of you are such good natured girls. - Tha Teacha Signing Off

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo another "nice" Michelle!!

    You ladies look like you had loads of fun and at least had a layout to show for your afternoon outing. You can't not have fun with Desire around! Hopefully you are now hooked and will be doing this on a more regular basis!!

    Desire, I am so glad for you, and hope the word gets out what a great "Teacha" you are.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:57 PM

    I am so jealous.... really miss our scrapping evenings. xxx Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always simply delicious when the girls can get together and scrap. I love it! I attend other teacher's classes at least once a month so I too feel as though I am having as much fun as my students!!! Hopefully you too take the time to attend other classes so that you too feel spoiled and chilled once in a while.

    Enjoy!
    Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Oh my word, it looks like you girls had so much fun! I sure wish I could have been there! I MISS my Teacha so much and am very jealous of the wonderful day you girls had. I am sure it is the first of many!!!
    Lotsa love
    THE OTHER T.P.!!!!!!!(Carol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Oh my gosh, You girls are sooo lucky. I really miss Desire and our scrapping lessons. These pictures have really made me realize just how much I miss those afternoons/evening classes.
    Love
    Olympic Mom (Sheila)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone here had a great scrap day as per usual...I'm sure Desire spoilt you all with her yummy treats too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a super day! Hope the bug has bitten you all too! - Desire, thanks once again for a lovely day at Makaranga Lodge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire