27 January 2009

A SKETCH, A DT CREATION & DL PROJECTS
This week's Dutch Dare challenge put to the Design Team was to create a THANK YOU card. I was itching to use this cute little birdie acrylic stamp I received during last year's Xmas swap I took part in. Of course using it four times ensured four times the enjoyment. I used a mixture of Basic Grey and Making Memories cardstock on this one. The buttons and wire are from my stash.
Once again this week's sketch over at Sketch Saturday gave me a good head start with this creation. Please visit SS and feast your eyes on the DT's gorgeous creations. Remember the sample baby shower invite for Tylo I did last week, well it got the thumbs up and I was commissioned to create 50 of the invites and here they are all done, leaving me feeling like a real bus. They were collected this afternoon. I did not take a photo, but each invite was slipped into a yellow envelope onto which I stamped the above birdie, in the bottom right corner. Well that's another job done and dusted. Thanks Belinda for your loyal support.
I also got commissioned to do a watch and bracelet set which I quite enjoyed. Its the first time I made a bracelet with these specific sarovski sliders and I think the end result is quite pleasing. It looks great on and I am definitely going to make myself a set as well. Thanks Michelle for your always loyal support.
Off to do sixty 21st invites, a hundred 21st thank you gifts and a 100 photo lolly pop sticks to be put into muffins at the same 21st.
Oh yes, I have had a few rides now in my new wheels and am enjoying every minute of it. The fact that one can override the automatic with manual is so much fun, as the manual is controlled by a plus and minus lever on the steering wheel. So no clutch required to change gears, just press the + or - lever to go up or down the gears ... fun hey!
Of to create another baby shower card for my nieces third little bambino, Marko who is due at the end of March and his baby shower is this Saturday.
Thanks again for all your lovely comments and for taking the time to put your feet up here in blog land.

22 comments:

  1. Your thank you card is lovely and the little birdie is just too cute!

    The bay shower cards do look better with the square "window" not that there was anything wrong with the round ones.

    Thanks so much for the watch and bracele - the recipient is certainly going to be very happy.

    Please make me a bracelet when you do yours - no rush to get it to me, can wait with the next order.

    Happy creating - you are certainly going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card..love the layout and the pretty colours you have chosen. You are certainly going to be very busy in the next wee while. Happy making!
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat 'n pragtige kaartjie Desire! Jong, dit lyk my jy is die vriendin om te he...as ek so kyk na hoe graag jy help met uitnodigings en groot "events".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Desire! looks like you've been busy! All of your creations are so beautiful! I just love visiting your blog!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ek kan sien jy's lekker besig en alles is regtig so mooi. Dankie dat jy dit met ons deel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Desire, your makes are just gorgeous and you are a very busy lady :) How brilliant. Enjoy your commissions. Kimxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! The watch and bracelet are just stunning!!
    Ohhh i want one!! :)
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't do things by halves do you my friend! Gorgeous card - love hte aqua and red colours - and so much commission work to do and that WATCH!!! OMW it's stunning!

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!, you have certainly been a busy bee. so many gorgeous things..love them all especially your watch and bracelet set..stunning. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow great stuff Desire...love the card...cute birdie and wow all your baby shower cards are gorgeous but my favourites are the watch and bracelet...absolutely stunning work
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, have you been a busy bee, My Friend! I love the birdie card...so cute; I love the Tylo cards...so adorable; I love the bracelet....so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card with that cute bird! Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need your energy, where do you get it from???!!! All your work is always so perfectly executed & delightful:-) Thanks for your support during my blog crisis & for your great advice re: back ups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need your energy, where do you get it from???!!! All your work is always so perfectly executed & delightful:-) Thanks for your support during my blog crisis & for your great advice re: back ups.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi darling Teacha...shew..all the things you are up to and busy with has my head spinning!!

    I would love to order a bracelet like that please? It's beautiful! How much are they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Hi Teacha, I can't believe how busy you are - wish I lived in Jo'burg so I could do some card lessons with you. Love all the cards and also the bracelet & watch. Miss you.
    Love
    Carol (the other TP)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kan sien jy's 'n vrou met vele talente Desire! Jou skeppings is almal pragtig!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hier verkrummel ek sommer toe ek daardie pragtige horlosie en armband sien!!! Dis fantasties!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your stamp, its too cute.
    congarts on completing the invitations.
    i love the watch and bracelet set!
    Brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Desire,

    The watch turned out superb! Such lovely handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card Desire, the birds are so cute and I love the colour combo. The bracelet and watch are gorgeous, what a fab gift you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of your projects are beautiful! I love your take on Laura's sketch!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire