26 July 2010

WATERFALL CREATION
Michelle demonstrated this waterfall card to me during our recent Vermaakskraal breakaway and I was just itching to give it a go. Initially it was quite a challenge, but once I got the hang of the mechanics, it was quite an easy and effective design.
One need to pull at the ribbon at the bottom of the card and each of the five sayings pop up one at a time, falling over each other. Quite nifty if I must say so myself. Looking forward to elobarate a bit on this design.

IMG_4196

IMG_4203

IMG_4198

IMG_4199

IMG_4200

IMG_4201

It was Alisha's 6th birthday on 20 July and she had a birthday party with her family yesterday. I just loved this beautiful cat cake. It was quite sad when we had to cut her ... Heidi took the honour of being the vet. The kitty did taste yummy though.

IMG_4090

IMG_4091

IMG_4097

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great waterfall card and the cat cake is gorgeous - love them both. Congratulations to Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...and so true...trials do keep you strong.

    I have never before seen such a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you mastered the card - it has really come out nicely. Oh my that kitty cake is stunning. I agree, such a pity to have to cut it up, but I am sure it was really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Beautiful waterfall card. I never thought they could be made so elegant!

    Glad to have you back, Desire.

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great waterfall card, really must have a go at making one, but they look very complicated

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by here at {Doing Life}. Please know that your comment is valued. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Crafty hugs
Desire